A campus since 1998, the Centre for Creative Arts and Media is based in a former Redemptorist Monastery, which originally opened in 1940 to accommodate students training for the priesthood. Remnants of this heritage are still to be found - the high ceilings, wide windows and spacious rooms give the revamped building an instant appeal, while the library is constructed with Irish oak using a distinct ecclesiastical theme.
Today, the Centre for Creative Arts and Media is a hive of creative activity, and specializes in courses in art & design, textiles, and film & documentary.
De Blacam and Meagher GMIT Library School of Art.
Open on a ‘first come’ basis.