As part of the Architecture at the Edge festival a walking tour of the NUI Galway campus will take place on Saturday 30th September. The tour will focus on the new generation of buildings within the architecturally diverse campus. Itinvestigate how the university is working to integrate the river within the master planning of the campus, creating an amenity, which is of enormous benefit not only to the students and staff, but also to the wider community of the city and region.
Guided by architects, the tour will include;
- The Historic Quadrangle & Presidents Drawing Room & Dining Room
- The award-winning O’Donoghue Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance
- The new Human Biology Building
- The Hardiman Research Building
- The Arts & Science Building
- The award-winning Engineering Building and BioScience Research Building
It will finish with a performance by Amoroso – Galway Music Residencies Apprentice Ensembles- at the Institute for Life Course and Society at 5pm.
Eamon McCarney - Taylor Architects
Paul Mannion - Scott Tallon Walker
Patrick Faherty - Planning & Projects Office NUIG
Rob Keane - Reddy Architecture and Urbanism
Edel Tobin - SJK + Partners Architects
Meeting Point: The Quadrangle, NUI Galway
Duration: Approx 2.5hrs
This is a free event open on a first come, first served basis.